Alisa Applegate is the half sister of American Actress Christina Applegate and the daughter of Robert Applegate. Let’s read further about her life, social media presence and more.
Alisa was born on 10 October 1977 in the USA. Not much is known about her mother but her father was a staff producer at Dot Records. She is active on X, formerly twitter and Linkedin. By looking at her linkedin profile, it can be assumed that she is a professional person. She wants to stay away from the limelight unlike her half sister Christina. She is currently the vice president for promotion at Caroline Records Inc. She has two siblings, one is a real sister and the other one is a half sister.
Christina was born on 25 November 1971 in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, the USA. She is the daughter of Robert Applegate and Nancy Pridy. Her mother was a singer and actress in hollywood. Christina attended Excelsior High School in Washington D.C., the USA. She made her debut in the soap opera Days of Our Lives in 1972 when she was just three months old. Her debut film was Jaws of Satan in 1981. She made a guest appearance in the series Father Murphy in 1981 and series Charles in Charge (1984-1985). She got breakthrough from the comedy sitcom Married…With Children. In October 2001, she married actor Jonhnathan Schach in California. Unfortunately, they divorced each other in August 2007. Then she started dating Dutch musician Martyn LeNoble in 2009. They both married in 2013 at their Los Angeles home. It was the second marriage for both of them. They together has a daughter named Sadie Grace LeNoble.
In 2008, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. After detection of cancer she did a double mastectomy. She had an inherited genetic mutation of BRCA1 which led to this breast cancer. In 2021, she was detected with multiple sclerosis. She announced that due to her health issues she won’t be acting anymore on camera.
Achievements and Awards
- Christina was awarded with Young Artist Awards in the category Exceptional Performance by Young Actress in a television series for the series Heart of Work in 1987.
- She was nominated for Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards in 1992.
- She was nominated for Golden Globe Awards in the year 1999.
- She was nominated for Teen Choice Awards in 2003.
- She was nominated for Television Critics Association Awards in 2008.
- In 2003, she was awarded Primetime Emmy Awards.
- She was nominated forSatellite Awards in 2012.
- She has won TV Land Awards in 2009.
Something Interesting About Christina
- She is a philanthropist.
- She has supported the organizations and projects such as Entertainment Industry Foundation, Adopt-A-Classroom, The Motion Picture and Television Fund Foundation, World Animal Protection, and the Trevor Project.
- She was awarded Saint Vintage Love Cures Award for her dedication and work with Right Action for Women in 2015.
- She has a passion for fashion and has designed her own maternity wear.
- She has a passion for cooking and has competed in the TV Show “Top Chef Masters”.
Alisa is a celebrity sister and has stayed away from the limelight. She has her own passion and has not followed her half-sister’s path.