Cristina Schlesinger is the daughter of former judge and T.V. personality Marilyn Milian. Let’s read further about Cristina, her life, profession, her success and more.
Cristina was born in 1996 in the USA. She is the daughter of Judge Milian and John Schlesinger. Both her parents are judges. Her mother is the former judge of Florida Circuit Court. Her father is also a judge of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit Court, Family Division, in Florida.
She has attended Ransom Everglades School IN Miami, Florida. She has attended University of Georgetown with a degree in B.A. Psychology. Then she took a Doctor of Juris (J.D.) from the Law Centre of University of Georgetown.
Further she did her Masters of Law (LL. M) from the same university. Her first job experience was at Criminal Justice Coordinating Council (District of Columbia) as a Law clerk. As per linkedin profile she is working as a fellow associate at DC Affordable Law Firm since August 2022. She is currently living in Miami, Florida, the USA. She is an attorney.
About Marilyn and John
Marilyn was born on 1 May 1961 in New York City, the USA. She was the daughter of Jorge and Georgina Milian. Her father was a general contractor. She is of cuban descent. She has attended University of Miami with a degree in psychology. Then she attended Georgian University Law Centre with a degree in Juris (JD). Further she worked on the Guatemala Project at Harvard Law School.
She was appointed as the assistant state attorney to the Dade County State Attorney’s office. Then she worked at Miami County court on the cases of domestic violence, criminal and civil division. In 2001, she became a judge on popular TV.Series The People’s Court. She has signed a contract with Allen Media to cast him in the upcoming show “Justice for the People with Judge Milian”.
She married former attorney John Schlesinger in 1993 and they together have three children named Cristina, Alexandra and Sofia Elena.
Unknown Facts about Schlesinger’s
- Marilyn was the first Hispanic judge on any English language show.
- She is the visiting faculty member at University of Miami.
- She won $5,000 for Camp Fiesta, a Florida summer camp which is free for children with cancer, on the daytime version of Who Wants to Be A Millionaire? in 2019.
- She has worked in the television series “As the World Turns”, “George Lopez” and “Lopez v Lopez”.
- She is the longest serving judge on “the People’s Court”.
- She has been awarded “Outstanding Achievement in Hispanic Television Award” and the “ALMA Award for Outstanding Host in a Reality or Competition Program.”
- She is the author of the book “Letters to my Daughter”.
- She is a supporter and perpetuator of women’s rights and empowerment.
- Before English, she started speaking fluent Spanish.
- She is active on social media.
- She is a philanthropist and has supported various organizations.
- She is a very much respected figure in the legal world.
Cristina is a celebrity kid and has followed the footsteps and legacy of her family in the legal profession. Her parents had supported her in her success and she is an upcoming figure in the legal world after her parents.