Jacquelyn Hatch is the mother of the American Rapper Boosie Badazz. Let’s read further to know about her personal life, her son’s success and more.
Jacquelyn was born on 19 March, 1954 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Her ancestors belong to Northern Ireland. She was a school principal. She married to Torrence Hatch Sr. With whom she had eight kids. Her husband died in 1997. It was tough for her to raise eight childrens due to which she had to take several jobs. Boosie in his songs had mentioned about her mother’s struggle.
Boosie was born on 14 November, 1982 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA. Boosie is also known as Torence Ivy Hatch Jr. He began rapping in the early 90s as a member of the South Hip Hop Collective Concentration Camp. Boosie’s cousin introduced him to Baton Rouge rapper C-Loc. He then was mentored by C-Loc and Young Bleed.
He made debut in 2000 with his album, Youngest of Da Camp. His genres are Hip Hop, Southern Hip Hop and Gangsta Rap. In 2001, he joined Trill Entertainment. In 2002, under Trill’s banner Boosie’s new album For My Thugz was released.
He has eight kids with nine womens. He says that marriage is not for him because he does not want to lose half of his half wealth to his spouse as he has committed adultery. He has been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes since childhood. In 2015, he was diagnosed with kidney cancer and after that successfully removed the tumor with the surgery. He is very much close to his mother.
- In 2007, he was awarded the Rookie of the Year.
- He was awarded the BET Hip Hop award in 2007.
- He was awarded Ozone Award in 2007 in the category of Best Breakthrough Artist.
- He once again was awarded Ozone Award in 2008 for his album “Independent” in the category of Club Banger of the Year.
- He was nominated for the MTV Video Music Award.
- He has a net worth of $10 million in 2023.
- In 2021, he said that he was going to enroll in Jackson State University.
- He was sentenced for four years on drug and gun charges in 2009.
- He was even criticized for making homophobic comments.
- He is a philanthropist, besides singing he has made various charity initiatives and organized toy drives in summer holidays.
- He is an entrepreneur also and has founded own record label which promotes young talent.
- He has massive fan following which is visible by his high social media presence.
- He has explored the world of acting and has appeared in several films as well.
- He is a proud father and adore his role as a parents
- He changed his name from Lil Boosie to Badaaz Boosie in 2014.
- He is also a lyricist.
- His song “Wipe Me Down” is one of the best in Hip Hop.
- He has donated money when several people were affected due to Hurricane Katrina.
- When he was in prison, he wrote more than 1,000 songs.
- In 2014, he launched a clothing brand named Jewel House.
Jacquelyn is a proud mother of rapper Boosie. Being a mother, she has done very much hard work for family and has supported Boosie to pursue his dream of becoming a rapper.