Olympia Shields is the half-sister of a famous Hollywood actress, Brooke Shields. Read further to know more about the life of this personality and discover the reason behind her fame.
Olympia Shields is in her early 40’s as of 2024, she was born to Frank Shields, an American businessman and Dianna Lippert. She has two older siblings, Marina and Christina. Olympia married Brook Bishop, her college sweetheart in August 2017 at the Pink Sands Resort, Harbour Islands.
Career and Education
Olympia studied at Palm Beach Academy and did her further studies at Vanderbilt University and earned a Bachelor of Science in special education and child development. She then, later, received a master of education degree in Mathematics from Boston University Wheelock College. She currently works as a mathematics teacher at Palm Academy.
Her Sister Brooke Shields
Brooke Shields is a Hollywood actress born on May 31st, 1965 to model Teri Shields and businessman Francis Alexander Shields in Manhattan, New York, United States of America. She stepped into the entertainment industry when she was just 11 months old as a child model. From there on, she never left, and went on to become an actress.
Brooke however had a career filled with legal disputes and controversies because she had often appeared in nude scenes throughout her career, especially when she was just eleven years old. Despite the challenges, she worked through it and made a name in the Hollywood industry.
When Brooke’s mother was pregnant with her, she was paid to terminate the pregnancy by her father’s family. Her mother however accepted the money and violated the agreement. Her parents Francis and Terri were married only for a short period. Terri has three half-sisters one of them in Olympia and two half-brothers.
Brooke worked for a long time as a model, she however suspended the career when she joined Princeton to study romantic languages, she graduated with a bachelor’s degree in the same. She is best known for her movies, Blue Lagoon, Endless Love and Pretty Baby.
She is currently married to a television writer named Chris Henchy, the couple got married in 2001 after dating for two years. They have two daughters together and the family currently resides in Greenwich Village.
Facts About Olympia Shields and Her Family
- Olympia Shields is of English, French, Irish, and Italian descent from her paternal side.
- From her father’s side, she has ancestral links to many noble families in Italy.
- Olympia Shields was raised in the Catholic faith.
- Olympia Shields’ paternal grandfather, Francis Xavier Alexander Sr. was a top-ranking tennis player in America.
- Olympia Shields’ paternal grandmother was an Italian Princess named Donna Marina Torlonia di Civitella-Cesi.
- Olympia Shields’ father, Francis Alexander Shields died in 2003 in Palm Beach due to protracted illness.
- Olympia Shields’ half-sister, Brooke Shields penned a book titled ‘Down Came The Rain’ describing her experience with postpartum depression.
Despite coming from a famous and noble family, Olympia is a humble and private individual. Most of her life is kept away from the spotlight. She lives a happy life with her family away from the media.